Popular Posts

Saturday, March 5, 2011

APPRECIATING THE MANY GIFTS WITHIN OUR SIMPLE ABUNDANCE

David and I were watching an episode of the television series "Saving Grace." Grace has a guardian angel and  each week there are some moving scenes about the complexities of her life as a cop and the moral and value judgments she has to make as her Angel assists her on her life path.

This week Grace had to say goodbye to her beloved Aboriginal grandfather. During the last couple of days of his life she took him out of the hospital to the place he wanted to make his transition. As they sat out in nature she thanked him for all the lessons he had taught her and then they sat and looked around at the many blessings within the natural world. Her grandfather said in a quiet voice; "How can anyone look at the sky, the earth and feel the unlimited abundance that Source provides for us and doubt the existence of a Divine Source? That statement is something that my mother instilled in me from and early age and it is something that I am mindful of every day.

As David and I love working in the garden. Each time we are out there we're reminded  why this hobby is such a passion for both of us. We are out in the natural world enjoying life in the rolling hills of the Pembina Vallley. The birds and butterflies flutter by as we dig, plant as we  observe all the perennials and shrubs returning to add so much to our lives for another season.

Yesterday we had spats of rain between sunny periods and the ions in the air combined with fresh rain filled the air with the most luscious scents of lilacs and other flowers and shrubs that are blooming right now and my nostrils were filled with the magnificence of it all.

On the way back from Winnipeg we saw a dragon in the clouds and then as the sun set on the gently twirling windmills I asked David to stop so I could experience the night sky and sounds and capture the moment with my camera.

Yesterday a butterfly landed on the upper deck and it is a reminder that loved ones who have transitioned are flying high with their own wings in the next realm and it is a comfort to me to know that life is eternal and that we are all united within the Oneness.

So my friends...these are just a few of the many gifts of life that i appreciate as we begin another week. I hope you will find many along your path in the coming weeks, months and years. I have included some photos of the gifts David and I have received this week alone.

The more I keep my mind, heart, eyes and ears open the greater my gratitude becomes for blessings great and small.

Here are some of the photos of life's gifts:

Our garden as summer unfolds:


The lilac bush we planted in memory of Mom when she passed 5 years ago...it is pink..her favorite color and every year I am reminded that life goes on and that there is no death...only other realms.


This was the first butterfly of the season on our upper screened area:


A young robin watching from the hydro lines above,

The dragon image in the clouds:

Serene settings at the end of day:


No comments:

Post a Comment