Popular Posts

Saturday, March 5, 2011

HOW HEALTH CONSCIOUS ARE YOU ON A SCALE OF 1-10?

As I life coach and writer in the healthy living field this is a question I often ask clients. With
that in mind I was curious how you would rate yourself on a scale of 1
to 10. To give you some ideas of how I see it within that bell curve a
rating a rating of 1 would be that you rarely, if ever give your health,
diet and everything pertaining to health much consideration. This
rating could include those who love to eat, drink, smoke and be merry
and not worry about the consequences their choices are having on their
current or long-range health.

Ratings within the 2 to 5 range could be those of you who have decided to make some changes towards  healthy living such as giving up smoking, drinking, losing a little
weight, drinking more water...but still love the richer foods and know
that there is room to cut down on the amount of sugars, carbs and fats.
Within this rating many are not into vitamin supplementation because
they are unconvinced they are worth the expense or that supplementing
the diet makes any difference anyway.

Ratings within 6-8 are those who consider themselves quite health conscious and are into
reading labels, staying informed about the latest healthy living
information, take vitamins, exercise when they can. People within this
rating often offer suggestions and information about their ever
expanding health consciousness and usually walk their talk about it.

If there is anyone who would put them in the 9-10 rating...I take my
hat off to you and say you are where I aspire to be. You are the ones
who are full fledged vegetarians...maybe even Vegans...you exercise,
meditate and have your emotional mental, spiritual, energetic and
physical aspects in harmony and you keep your life in balance...and good
for you that you do. You wonderful testimonies to healthy, balanced
living on every level. In my view you should also give yourself a star
beside the rating if you are managing to live life that way over the
long term. It is not easy to do in the fast-paced world we live in.

Anyway...in case you are curious how I would rate myself...probably in
the 6-8 rating. I am health conscious, eat wholesome foods with a low
fat diet and David makes wonderful raw, fresh fruit and vegetable juices
and I drink two glasses with my knee enhancing powdered supplement GLH
and MSM. I don't smoke or drink but I do enjoy a glass or two of white
dry wine on special occasions. The reason I cannot w rate myself any
higher is because I often throw my sleep patterns off by doing things 
on my computer or gaming into the night and sleeping later than I would
like to when I do. Exercising consistently over time is something else that I have never
quite mastered. Meditation and yoga are things I do...and they help to
keep the stress down...but no I am not a 9 or 10 so far.

OK there is my self-honest assessment...care to share yours? No judgments
here...just a friendly dialog between Cyber-friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment